Gluten Free Utah

Gluten Free!

Do you need help starting out with your gluten free diet/lifestyle? I am here to help you. Being diagnosed with Celiac disease is overwhelming and can be very confusing. As my mom would say, "people don't like change." SO, what you have known all your life and the ease of just buying whatever and eating whatever is GONE! Welcome to gluten free living!

It's not bad once you know where to look for gluten free items and ingredients. Trust me, you will feel better and it WILL get easier. So please read through this blog and please feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Thanks and Happy Gluten Free Living!





Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Gluten Free Honey Oat Bread (re-post)

Hello,
My family (and,  me too) love this bread and I thought I would post it again because I am one of those people who hate looking for things in archive, well and I tweaked it a little. So here it is...

First of all I buy gluten free oats in the bulk bin at WINCO now. I used to use bob's red mill. Either will work great. I measure out what I need and blend it in my Ninja to make oat flour :) I also use Pamela's Products bread mix and flour blend, I find it at Harmon's grocery, Whole Food's, Good Earth, and Macy's Grocery. I have not had the pleasure of going to Trader Joe's yet so I do not know if its there. Ok here is the recipe.

1 1/2 c gluten free oat flour
2 c Pamela's bread mix
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c  applesauce (musselmans are GF, I use about 3/4 of the 4oz individual cups, a little more than 1/4c)
3 large eggs
1/2 c milk (I use almond milk)
3/4 c warm water
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (or 1 yeast packet)
1 Tbs Honey  ( I put in last I actually just eye it, matter of taste really)


I use a 2 c Pyrex measuring cup....
add warm milk, eggs, water..Then applesauce,,,you should have 2 cups full liquid or just above. This is when I add the honey and if I am right at 2 cups I will add 2 additional TBS water. Depending on the egg volume is why this measurement varies.  I found that if I am above the 2 cup line (not a lot though, do not go over an additional 1/4 c) the bread comes out way better than the original recipe. Another thing, make sure all your ingredients are at least room temp. This is a huge tip.
Add liquids into bread maker. Then add the oat flour, sugar, and Pamela'a flour mix. Make a well at the top of flour and add your yeast.
Use the basic bread setting and I use dark crust setting too.
Let the machine mix for a minute or two, then scrape down the sides and I actually scrape the bottom too. Close lid and let the machine do the rest...

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment